Sunday, March 17, 2013

...You seem to have a different view of how time passes

Sure, time is measured in seconds, minutes, hours and days, everyone knows that!  If you're measuring something really long you might even use years, haha, but even so, usually you don't count the time since you last saw your best friend in years, or you talk to them and see them at least once a week, sometimes every day.  As a TCK I see most of my best friends once every few years, and then I only get to spend a few days with them.  When your best friends live in three different countries and you might only have met them face to face two or three times, then you're probably a TCK.  We measure time in years, or at the least in months.  How many months till I see my family or till I can talk with a friend? Till I can walk into a house that has running water, till I can take a hot shower, till I can eat junk food (Ok, I don't actually look forward to that one).  Despite the fact that we see our friends only once every few years, and that every time we see them they've changed radically, this only helps to strengthen our relationships.  You know that it takes more than a few thousand miles of dessert or ocean to separate us, and we know that someone's always there for us.  I personally don't regret counting time past between reunions in years instead of days, and I'm looking forward to the next time I can get together with every one of my buddies scattered around the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment