Most of the time as TCKs we grow up in these situations where we are never the ethnic majority. You grow up not really having the same hair, eye or skin colour as everyone else around you and you become accustomed to that and sometimes you even start to believe you are apart of them. When I was younger I wanted to dye my hair black because I was the only blonde in the whole school but I was glad for brown eyes like everyone elses! You grow up then being so used to be either called the blonde or brown haired girl or the one of fair skin that when you're in a room of people who are from the same ethnic backgrounds like you, your completely and utterly lost its like your world has gone upside down and you blend it. But the thing is once you grow up being different its hard to blend and it is our personalities as well as who we are in the inside and the out that sets us apart fully.
Keep Smiling :)
Sarah
Keep Smiling :)
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment