Sunday, February 10, 2013

...You go into culture shock upon returning to your “home” country

As TCKs we spend the majority of our lives in very diverse worlds of people of different colour skin, different types of accents, and different ways of living. There may or may not be technological advancements.  Many ways that are normal for those in the home country is very different to the life style of a TCK.
As myself every time I go to america I'm shocked by the type of clothing I see every time. A shirt back to my home would be a dress in my "home"/passport country. Life is just very much different as the world is many times very different from our passport countries. The lifestyles so different to ours that when we are there and people expect us to be like them we many times go into shock. Many TCKs get into culture shock when coming back to their passport countries due to the types of life changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment