I'm a strange TCK. I grew up in 1 country. But my experiences are no different than many others. I grew up in a developing country that is not the same since I first moved here 15 years ago. During my lifetime I've seen many of my friends pack up and move on to other countries, places and different worlds as it seems.
I'm Sarah, I live in Bahrain and I sort my friends by continent.
Growing up I met so many diverse people from the places I visited to the camps I've gone to and the friends of my family. So now I basicly have friends living everywhere. New Zealand, Germany, Eygpt, America, Jordan, Turkey, Czech Rebuplic,Uganda etc. This list goes on and on. Every time I look at a map I think hey gee! That's where this and tho lives! I want to visit them one day (also another thing about TCKs... we can't stand still we always need to travel or at least me...) When someone starts talking about a certain country I envision a map in my brain and think of who I might possibly know who lives there or even if the country sparks any memorizes. Those people you get to know around the world do become special in your life. They hold onto you forever.
When you look at this map, it may seem ordinary to most but to us TCKs it sparks memorise of our times with the people we love most the times of laughter and joy. The people that surround this little world of ours. They are all really really special.
The world is a source of adventure and a life full the be lived in.
Please stay tuned for more a better "You Might Be A TCK If..." posts :)
Lots of Love,
Keep Smiling
Sarah
I'm Sarah, I live in Bahrain and I sort my friends by continent.
Growing up I met so many diverse people from the places I visited to the camps I've gone to and the friends of my family. So now I basicly have friends living everywhere. New Zealand, Germany, Eygpt, America, Jordan, Turkey, Czech Rebuplic,Uganda etc. This list goes on and on. Every time I look at a map I think hey gee! That's where this and tho lives! I want to visit them one day (also another thing about TCKs... we can't stand still we always need to travel or at least me...) When someone starts talking about a certain country I envision a map in my brain and think of who I might possibly know who lives there or even if the country sparks any memorizes. Those people you get to know around the world do become special in your life. They hold onto you forever.
![]() |
| The world is a source of new adventures and hope. |
When you look at this map, it may seem ordinary to most but to us TCKs it sparks memorise of our times with the people we love most the times of laughter and joy. The people that surround this little world of ours. They are all really really special.
The world is a source of adventure and a life full the be lived in.
Please stay tuned for more a better "You Might Be A TCK If..." posts :)
Lots of Love,
Keep Smiling
Sarah

No comments:
Post a Comment