As I grew up in the middle east it was mandatory to learn my national anthem, of the country I lived in. We used to stand outside as the beautiful red and white flag was raised on the flag post and we sang the national anthem in Arabic.
Today, even though I'm in a totally different school (another story that will be told later) and we don't need to sing it but every time when it ends up coming on TV I start singing it as many people might do. Its become my national anthem. Although to others who move to bahrain for their 2-4 year stay due to oil all think I'm seriously weird as I do not know the American National Anthem and my passport country is America. To the random American's who move to bahrain they become instantly shocked. Sometimes even my indian or british friends know the american anthem more than I do! I also know other national anthems such as the british national anthem.
Life is a strange book of events :)
Sarah
Today, even though I'm in a totally different school (another story that will be told later) and we don't need to sing it but every time when it ends up coming on TV I start singing it as many people might do. Its become my national anthem. Although to others who move to bahrain for their 2-4 year stay due to oil all think I'm seriously weird as I do not know the American National Anthem and my passport country is America. To the random American's who move to bahrain they become instantly shocked. Sometimes even my indian or british friends know the american anthem more than I do! I also know other national anthems such as the british national anthem.
Life is a strange book of events :)
Sarah
Haha, what about my case where I can't sing any national anthems from beginning to end? After living in Spain for 5 years I probably still wouldn't recognize either the Spanish anthem or the Andalusian one. :P
ReplyDeleteThis is so true!! haha
ReplyDelete