Saturday, February 2, 2013

... you say "khalas" to express frustration

I guess all TCK's are weird. So does that make the weird ones normal?
Throwing in random words from every language is part of my vocabulary. The other day, my piano teacher thought I was French because I said, "Je ne sais pas." She then tried communicating with me, and I sounded like Mr. Bean with his: A oui!
I guess you know you're a TCK when every language is your language and you are surprised when others don't understand your expressions because to you, they make complete sense. I guess screaming "khalas" at the end of your exam to pronounce completion, or yelling it through the corridors to demand someone to stop being annoying, seems weird to some people, but to me, it couldn't be more normal.

Nadia

1 comment:

  1. That is so true! I go around all the time sometimes speaking Arabic (even here) and they all look at me like I'm crazy!

    ReplyDelete